We are seeking a Junior CAD Technician to join our team at ACD Projects.
ACD Projects are established experts in veterinary and animal welfare building design and management. The successful candidate will therefore gain experience in this growing sector, learning from our experienced team members. They will be offered excellent career development opportunities, including a challenging and growing workload. Our projects range in size from small complex refurbishments and conversions, to larger new build developments.
This is a full-time permanent position.
Salary based upon experience.
Key Responsibilities for the Junior CAD Technician Role
· Assisting in the preparation of and understanding of structural and detail drawings using ArchiCAD / AutoCAD.
· Assisting in the preparation of bills of quantities.
· Assisting in the preparation of tenders and enquiries.
· Taking part in key project control procedures such as drawing issue and registrations
· Working with engineers to translate outline engineering proposals to detailed design drawings, understanding the relationship between the project disciplines
· Liaise with other members of the team to understand the requirements of the project
· Ensure that all project related information is stored and maintained in compliance with the company QA procedures
Essential Skills and Experience
· ArchiCAD / AutoCAD skills
· Understanding of building practices and construction methods
· Minimum 1-year relevant proven experience
· Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
· Team player capable of a flexible approach
· Energetic & self-motivated
· Good organisation skills
· Commitment, enthusiasm and a strong work ethic
· Must be eligible to live & work in the UK
· Strong IT capabilities including working experience of Microsoft Office
· Experience of working in the veterinary / animal welfare sector would be preferable
· Dealing with local authorities in various areas of the UK and experience of using the Planning Portal
If you feel you are suitable for our Junior CAD Technician position, please send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com.