Do I need a Quantity Surveyor for my build?
ACD Projects have an experienced, RICS (Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors) Quantity Surveying department, with particular expertise and experience in the animal care sector. Our team will provide you with financial and contractual advice throughout the duration of any construction project. Here’s a little explanation of the sort of work a quantity surveyor needs to carry out on a veterinary or animal welfare build.
- Budgetary advice from initial concept through to pre-tender stage
- Feasibility studies and funding application information
- Development appraisals and cost planning
- Value engineering to ensure optimum financial solutions
- Preparation of appropriate tender documentation (including hybrid arrangements, should the circumstances so dictate)
- Interviewing and inspection of contractors for your project, including ensuring likely contractors have the appetite, but mainly the financial ability to carry out your works without risk to you
- Evaluation of tenders received and recommendation for acceptance
- Preparation of contract documents for signature by the parties
- Cash-flow forecasting
- Preparation of interim recommendations for payments to the contractor
- ‘Value Engineering’ advice, where appropriate, in respect of authorised variations
- Valuation and payment certificates to the satisfaction of funding stakeholders, such as banks and other lenders
- Agreement with the contractor of the value of authorised variations
- Dispute management and settlement, offering advice to the client in the event of contractual disputes and the negotiation of appropriate settlements
- Agreement with the contractor of the Final Account
You can cherry pick the areas where you need help or ask us to assist throughout the whole build – giving you peace of mind. To find out more about our Quantity Surveying services, get in touch using the Contact Form below.