Do I need a Quantity Surveyor for my build?
ACD Projects have an experienced Quantity Surveying department which includes an extended team of knowledgeable sub-consultants, with particular expertise and experience in the animal sector. The team will provide you with financial and contractual advice throughout the duration of any construction project. Here’s a little explanation of the sort of work a quantity surveyor needs to carry out on a veterinary or animal welfare build.
- Budgetary advice from initial concept through to pre-tender stage
- Feasibility studies and funding application information
- Development appraisals and cost planning
- Value engineering to ensure optimum financial solutions
- Preparation of appropriate tender documentation (including hybrid arrangements, should the circumstances so dictate)
- Interviewing and inspection of contractors for your project, including ensuring likely contractors have the appetite, but mainly the financial ability to carry out your works without risk to you
- Evaluation of tenders received and recommendation for acceptance
- Preparation of contract documents for signature by the parties
- Cash-flow forecasting
- Preparation of interim recommendations for payments to the contractor
- ‘Value Engineering’ advice, where appropriate, in respect of authorised variations
- Valuation and payment certificates to the satisfaction of funding stakeholders, such as banks and other lenders
- Agreement with the contractor of the value of authorised variations
- Dispute management and settlement, offering advice to the client in the event of contractual disputes and the negotiation of appropriate settlements
- Agreement with the contractor of the Final Account
You can cherry pick the areas where you need help or ask us to assist throughout the whole build – giving you peace of mind. To find out more about our Quantity Surveying services, get in touch using the Contact Form below.